Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series: Soft Tissue Augmentation with DVD, 2nd Edition
This title in the PROCEDURES IN COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY SERIES presents up-to-the-minute, practical guidance on soft tissue augmentation techniques shaping today's practice. Succinctly written and lavishly illustrated, it focuses on procedural how-to's and offer step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade—so you can refine and hone your skills...and expand your surgical repertoire. You'll find current, to-the-point guidance on the cosmetic use of traditional and new fillers—edited by pioneers in the field, Drs. Alastair and Jean Carruthers. Implement the newest procedures into your practice immediately and confidently—with the outstanding guidance you'll find in this volume of the PROCEDURES IN COSMETIC DERMATOLOGY SERIES.
- Get the best results from permanent fillers that stimulate the body's own collagen, new hypoallergenic fillers, injectable Zyderm and Zyplast collagen, and Gore-Tex chin, lip and cheek implants —all with one concise, accessible volume.
- Visualize techniques clearly with a wealth of color illustrations and photographs that depict cases as they appear in practice.
- See how to proceed with a comprehensive instructional DVD containing video clips of techniques and procedures as well as the experts' hints and tips.
New to this Edition
- Updated throughout with new chapters on fibroplasia * synthetic fillers * fillers for skin of color * and how to avoid and handle complications
- New and improved DVD material demonstrates techniques in practice
- Covers both temporary and permanent augmentations
Table of Contents
1. Background information on the use of Esthetic Fillers, Hayes B Glagstone, Brian Somoana
2. Fillers Esthetics, Stephen R. Tan, Richard G Glogau
3. Injectable Collagens, Seth L. Matarasso
4. Hylans and Soft Tissue Augmentation, Rhoda S. Narins, Joel L. Cohen, Jason Michaels
5. Management of Lips and Mouth Corners, Jean Carruthers, Vic A. Narurkar
6. Augmentation with Autologous Fat, Lisa M. Donofrio
7. Fillers Working by Fibroplasia, A. Artefill, Alastair Carruthers, B. Radiesse, Jean Carruthers, C. Silicone, Derek H. Jones, Chad L. Prather, D. Poly-L-lactic Acid Stephen H. Mandy
8. Nasolabial Folds, Gary D Monheit
9. Pain Management, Kevin Smith, Joseph Niamtu, Jean Carruthers
10. Injectable Fillers in Skin of Color, Pearl E. Grimes, Julius W. Few
11. Complications of Soft Tissue Augmentation, Sue Ellen Cox, Naomi Lawrence
12. Synthetic Fillers
A.Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Polyethylene Oxide Dermal Filler, Philippa Lowe, Samuel Falcone, Richard Berg, Nicholas Lowe
B. BioAlcamid, David Goldberg
C. Bioinblue, Jean Carruthers