MANAGEMENT PRACTICE IN DIETETICS (HC)
MANAGEMENT PRACTICE IN DIETETICS, SECOND EDITION, merges all the areas of management practices in dietetics and foodservice into a unified whole, looking at management from a conceptual perspective and then citing examples of how the concepts apply to the various specialty areas. The text examines the wide-range of experiences managers face, from learning the terminology to understanding the choices and experiences associated with management practice. Whether being introduced to the aspects of management for the first time or returning to refresh their skills, this text covers the basics of what one needs to know in order to be a successful manager.
Part I: OVERVIEW.
1. Management Roles of Dietetics Professionals.
2. Managing within an Organization.
Part II: TOOLS FOR MANAGERS.
4. Decision Making.
Part III: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.
7. The Workforce.
8. The Employment Process.
9. Developing and Motivating Employees.
10. Employee Discipline.
Part IV: MANAGING THE WORK.
11. Material Management.
12. Workflow and Production.
13. Productivity and Accountability.
Part V: MANAGING FINANCIAL RESOURCES.
14. The Budgeting Process. / 15. Financial Management.
Part VI: NEW DIRECTIONS IN MANAGEMENT.
16. Information Management. / 17. Managing Change.