Build a healthier future with Sizer/Whitney’s NUTRITION: CONCEPTS AND CONTROVERSIES! Updated throughout and featuring the new Dietary Guidelines, this clear and engaging market leader strikes the perfect balance of scientific research, core concepts, and relevant applications. The authors draw readers into the study of nutrition with a lively and approachable writing style. They dispel students’ existing misconceptions and empower them to make better nutrition choices and enact real, lasting behavior change. The most engaging and easily personalized online solution in Nutrition, MindTap enables instructors to deliver what they know is best for their students.
Table of Contents :
1. Food Choices and Human Health.
2. Nutrition Tools—Standards and Guidelines.
3. The Remarkable Body.
4. The Carbohydrates: Sugar, Starch, Glycogen, and Fiber.
5. The Lipids: Fats, Oils, Phospholipids, and Sterols.
6. The Proteins and Amino Acids.
7. The Vitamins.
8. Water and Minerals.
9. Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight.
10. Performance Nutrition.
11. Diet and Health.
12. Food Safety and Food Technology.
13. Life Cycle Nutrition: Mother and Infant.
14. Child, Teen, and Older Adult.
15. Hunger and the Future of Food.
Appendix A. Table of Food Composition.
Appendix B. World Health Organization Nutrition
Recommendations and Guidelines.
Appendix C. Aids to Calculations.
Appendix D. Food Lists for Diabetes and
Appendix E. Food Patterns to Meet the Food Intake Patterns.
Appendix F. Notes.
Appendix G. Answers to Chapter Questions.
Appendix H. Physical Activity Levels and
Appendix I. Chemical Structures of Carbohydrates, Lipids,
Amino Acids, and Peptides.