Co-written by an author who garners more accolades and rave reviews from instructors and students with each succeeding edition, INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY: GATEWAYS TO MIND AND BEHAVIOR, International Edition attracts and holds the attention of even difficult-to-reach students. The Twelfth Edition's hallmark continues to be its pioneering integration of the proven-effective SQ4R learning system (Survey, Question, Read, Reflect, Review, Recite), which promotes critical thinking as it guides students step-by-step to an understanding of psychology's broad concepts and diversity of topics. Throughout every chapter, these active learning toolsutogether with the book's example-laced writing style, discussions of positive psychology, cutting-edge coverage of the field's new research findings, and excellent media resourcesuensure that users find the study of psychology fascinating, relevant, and above all, accessible.
Table of contents :
Introduction: The Psychology of Studying
- 1. Introduction to Psychology and Research Methods.
- 2. Brain and Behavior.
- 3. Human Development.
- 4. Sensation and Reality.
- 5. Perceiving the World.
- 6. States of Consciousness.
- 7. Conditioning and Learning.
- 8. Memory.
- 9. Intelligence, Cognition, Language, and Creativity.
- 10. Motivation and Emotion.
- 11. Gender and Sexuality.
- 12. Personality.
- 13. Health, Stress, and Coping.
- 14. Psychological Disorders.
- 15. Therapies.
- 16. Social Behavior.
- 17. Attitudes, Culture, and Human Relations.
- 18. Applied Psychology.
Appendix Behavioral Statistics.
Glossary. References. Index.