Featuring current research, high-quality scholarship, and an appealing design,UNDERSTANDING ABNORMAL BEHAVIOR, International Edition, provides an inviting and stimulating look into abnormal psychology. The first abnormal psychology book to present a thoroughly integrated multicultural perspectiveubased on the authors' view that cross-cultural comparisons can greatly enhance the understanding of disordersuthe text provides extensive coverage and integration of multicultural models, explanations, and concepts. To help you make sense of the many different combinations of life experiences and constitutional factors that influence behavioral disorders, the authors use an integrative model.
This multipath model provides you with an organizational framework for understanding the biological, psychological, social, and sociocultural causes of mental disorders; the complexity of their interacting components; and the need to view disorders from a holistic framework. The book also helps you gain an understanding of abnormal behavior as scientific and clinical endeavors, while providing insight into the tools that mental health professionals use to study and treat disorders.
Table of contents :
- 1.Abnormal Behavior.
- 2.Models of Abnormal Behavior.
- 3. Assessment and Classification of Abnormal Behavior.
- 4.The Scientific Method in Abnormal Psychology.
- 5. Anxiety Disorders.
- 6. Dissociative Disorders and Somatoform Disorders.
- 7.Stress Disorders.
- 8.Personality Disorders.
- 9. Substance-Related Disorders.
- 10. Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders.
- 11. Mood Disorders.
- 13. Schizophrenia: Diagnosis and Etiology.
- 14. Cognitive Disorders.
- 15. Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence.
- 16. Eating Disorders.
- 17. Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology.