Psychological Consultation and Collaboration outlines the major theoretical approaches to consultation and collaboration and offers concrete ideas about the processes as well as techniques and strategies for use in collaboration and consultation.
This comprehensive book devotes two chapters to specific consultees: parents and teachers. Additional chapters deal with consultation in organizations, the consultee, the consultant, and the use of data and information to inform the consultation process. This 6th edition includes significant new information regarding collaboration and a completely rewritten chapter on behavioral consultation. The assessment model incorporated into the behavioral consultation and collaboration chapter follows the federal guidelines for assessment and intervention for exceptional children and includes material that can be used with all students. This new edition includes a stronger emphasis on cross-cultural consultation.
Table of Contents :
1. Introduction to Consultation and Collaboration.
2. Mental Health Consultation.
3. Behavioral Approaches to Consultation and Collaboration.
4. Adlerian Consultation.
5. Organizational Consultation and Collaboration.
6. Consultation Stages and Processes I.
7. The Skills and Characteristics of Consultants and Collaborators.
8. The Consultee as a Variable.
9. Teacher Consultation – Teacher Collaboration.
10. Consultation with Parents.
11. Data-Based Decision Making in Consultation.
12. Ethical and Legal Considerations.
13. Issues in Consultation.