Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical Pathology, 9th Edition
Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical Pathology presents comprehensive guidance on every aspect of the field. The New Edition of this two-volume masterwork retains the practical approach that has earned it a loyal following and widespread critical acclaim. At the same time, it delivers expanded and updated content on molecular pathology, immunohistochemical markers, and cytopathological diagnosis. What's more, this definitive reference is now illustrated in full color throughout! Virtually all of its more than 3,900 illustrations are now in full color, providing unprecedented diagnostic assistance. A bonus CD-ROM delivers all of the book's illustrations in digital format.
"An indispensable bench text...Well worth the price, and it is recommended with enthusiasm." --JAMA
"Should have a place on the shelf of every surgical pathologist." --American Journal of Clinical Pathology
"Unquestionably the best surgical pathology textbook available."--Modern Pathology If I were to recommend only one book (albeit in two volumes) for a histopathology trainee or department to buy, then this would be it. acp News
- Uses a consistent, clinically oriented structure for each organ system chapter, describing anatomy
- congenital anomalies
- inflammatory disorders
- and benign and malignant neoplasms, and then exploring clinical presentation
- gross and microscopic features
- ultrastructural and immunohistochemical findings
- differential diagnosis
- and prognosis for virtually every tumor type.
- Contains over 3,900 outstanding illustrations from Dr. Rosai's vast personal collection—nearly all in full color for the first time.
- Presents hundreds of diagnostic pearls detailing Dr. Rosai's expert observations on what to look for when examining a slide of each disease, what to be careful about, and which presentations can be misleading.
- Presents valuable appendices on tumor staging, quality control procedures, and the handling of gross specimens.
New to this Edition
- Incorporates all of the major genetic molecular alterations that have recently been described in various types of tumors, especially those of clinical significance
- Delivers greatly expanded or rewritten information on immunohistochemical and genetic features.
- Provides a new chapter on special techniques, including a comprehensive catalog of immunohistochemical markers.
- Includes a new, bonus image bank CD-ROM containing all of the book's over 3,900 full-color illustrations and photomicrographs, easily downloadable for use in PowerPoint® presentations.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Gross Techniques in Surgical Pathology
Chapter 3 Special Techniques in Surgical Pathology
Chapter 4 Skin
Chapter 5 Oral Cavity and Oropharynx
Chapter 6 Mandible and Maxilla
Chapter 7 Respiratory Tract: Nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses, and nasopharynx - Larynx and trachea - Lung and pleura
Chapter 8 Mediastinum
Chapter 9 Thyroid Gland Chapter 10 Parathyroid Glands
Chapter 11 Gastrointestinal Tract: Esophagus - Stomach - Small bowel - Appendix - Large bowel - Anus
Chapter 12 Major and Minor Salivary Glands
Chapter 13 Liver
Chapter 14 Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Bile Ducts
Chapter 15 Pancreas and Periampullary Region
Chapter 16 Adrenal Gland and Other Paraganglia
Chapter 17 Urinary Tract: Kidney, renal pelvis, and ureter - Bladder and male urethra
Chapter 18 Male Reproductive System: Prostate and seminal vesicles - Testis - Testicular adnexae - Penis and scrotum
Chapter 19 Female Reproductive System: Vulva - Vagina - Uterus—cervix and corpus - Fallopian tubes Ovary - Placenta
Chapter 20 Breast
Chapter 21 Lymph Nodes
Chapter 22 Spleen
Chapter 23 Bone Marrow
Chapter 24 Bone and Joints
Chapter 25 Soft Tissues
Chapter 26 Peritoneum, Retroperitoneum, and Related Structures
Chapter 27 Cardiovascular System: Heart Arteries - Veins - Lymph vessels
Chapter 28 Neuromuscular System: Central nervous system - Peripheral nerves - Skeletal muscles
Chapter 29 Pituitary Gland
Chapter 30 Eye and Ocular Adnexa
Chapter 31 Ear