- Focus on homeostasis and concise clinical examples to meet the needs of students enrolled in allied health programs. These clearly identified discussions are an integral part of each chapter, helping students understand that disease is a result of homeostatic imbalance.
- A dynamic, unsurpassed full-color art program illustrates anatomical structures and physiological processes in fine detail and complements the text. The text's art features all new muscle art with realistic colors that are consistent in style from figure to figure.
- Clearly identified, pedagogical features include chapter outlines with student objectives, figure questions that help reinforce illustrated concepts, and review questions at the end of each chapter. Students can find chapter summaries for each chapter on the book's website, download them easily, and print them out when needed for studying.
- Illustrated tables provide one-stop study tools for easy comprehension.
Table of contents :
Unit I : Organization of the Body
1. The Human Body: An Orientation.
2. Chemistry Comes Alive.
3. Cells: The Living Units.
4. Tissues: The Living Fabric.
Unit II : Covering, Support and Movement of the Body
5. The Integumentary System.
6. Bones and Skeletal Tissues.
7. The Skeleton.
9. Muscles and Muscle Tissue.
10. The Muscular System.
Unit III : Regulation and Integration of the Body
11. Fundamentals of the Nervous System
and Nervous Tissue.
12. The Central Nervous System.
13. The Peripheral Nervous System and Reflex Activity.
14. The Autonomic Nervous System.
15. The Endocrine System.
Unit IV : Maintenance of the Body
17. The Cardiovascular System: The Heart.
18. The Cardiovascular System: Blood Vessels.
19. The Lymphatic System.
20. The Immune System: Innate and Adaptive
21. The Respiratory System.
22. The Digestive System.
23. Nutrition, Metabolism, and Body Temperature
24. The Urinary System.
25. Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance.
Unit V : Continuity
26. The Reproductive System.