Through a thoughtful and accurate balance of developmental, clinical-diagnostic, and experimental approaches to child and adolescent psychopathology, Eric Mash and David Wolfe's ABNORMAL CHILD PSYCHOLOGY, International Edition remains the most authoritative, scholarly, and comprehensive book in its market. Accessible to a broad range of readers, the book traces the developmental course of each disorder and shows how biological, psychological, and sociocultural factors interact with a child's environment.
Table of contents :
Part I: TITLE OF PART I.
- 1. Introduction to Normal and Abnormal Behavior in Children and Adolescents.
- 2. Theories and Causes.
- 3. Research.
- 4. Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment.
Part II. BEHAVIOR DISORDERS.
- 5. Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
- 6. Conduct Problems.
Part III. EMOTIONAL DISORDERS.
- 7. Anxiety Disorders.
- 8. Mood Disorders.
Part IV. DEVELOPMENTAL AND LEARNING DISORDERS.
- 9. Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation).
- 10. Autism Spectrum Disorders and Childhood-Onset Schizophrenia.
- 11. Communication and Learning Disorders.
Part V. PROBLEMS RELATED TO PHYSICAL AND MENTAL
- 12. Health-Related and Substance Use Disorders.
- 13. Eating Disorders and Related Conditions.
- 14. Child Maltreatment and Non-Accidental Trauma.