The Mont Reid Surgical Handbook, 6th Edition - Mobile Medicine Series
Written by residents for residents, the updated 6th edition of this best-selling handbook provides you with exactly the information you need to overcome the vast majority of challenges you encounter during your surgical residency. With its pocket-size and easy-reference format, this resource enables you to quickly access the right guidance...at the right time...about what to do and how to do it. No resident should be without this essential surgical guide!
“The Mont Reid Surgical Handbook had already become a mainstay reference of most surgery house officers. With this excellent update, the book is sure to follow in this tradition as it continues to bring easily accessible, state-of-the-art management strategies to the hands and pockets of residents worldwide.” -Jose Greenspon, MD (University of Maryland School of Medicine), Doody review of the last edition
- Provides comprehensive guidelines for the treatment of the most common surgical conditions, including preoperative and postoperative care, as well as relevant pathophysiology.
- Includes surgical management that encompasses state-of-the-art technology and emphasizes minimally invasive techniques, including important coverage of laparoscopic cholecystectomy, appendectomy, and herniorrhaphy.
- Provides guidelines for proper medical record keeping as well as other mediocolegal aspects of surgical care.
- Offers detailed figures depicting important anatomical structures and operative techniques.
New to this Edition
- Features new chapters, such as Surgical Education—including a practical discussion of the ACGME Core Competencies—Surgical Intensive Care, and Future of Surgery to provide details of the latest trends in surgical education so you can maximize your time in surgical rotations.
- Provides the most up-to-date information from current residents at the University of Cincinnati, in an accessible format organized by specialty area.